The City of Welland has developed a draft single new Comprehensive Zoning By-law with the goal of creating a single and progressive regulatory document which appropriately implements Provincial, Regional and Local policies.
A Public Open House will be held on May 11, 2017 between 6pm and 9pm in the Council Chambers, Welland City Hall, 2nd Floor, 60 East Main Street, Welland, Ontario. Comments are due by May 12, 2017. The final Public Information Meeting and Statutory Public Meeting will be held in June 2017, further notice with the exact dates, times and location and in accordance with the Planning Act will be sent out in early May 2017.
The draft final document is available for public review and comment. The text and link to the mapping can be found at the following links.
- Draft Comprehensive Zoning By-law
- Schedule A: Zone Maps can be viewed on our interactive G.I.S. Map
- Schedule B: Special Exceptions can be view here
- Paper copies are also available for viewing at Welland City Hall, Planning and Building Division, 2nd Floor, 60 East Main Street, Welland, Ontario.
A zoning by-law controls the use of land in your community. It states exactly:
- how land may be used,
- where buildings and other structures can be located,
- the types of buildings that are permitted and how they may be used,
- the lot sizes and dimensions, parking requirements, building heights and setbacks from the street.
Public and other stakeholder participation is key to the success of this project. If you would like more information on the project or if you want to be added to our email or mail contact list please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.welland.ca/Planning/zoningreview.asp
City of Welland Staff have put together a Zoning By-law Review Information Pamphlet to provide more information and answer frequently asked questions about this project.